We can help you through this difficult process by obtaining the Grant of Probate on your behalf. We will also undertake the collecting and distributing of assets.
How much does this service cost?
Our fees include for obtaining the grant, collecting assets and distributing them.
Breakdown of costs:
Legal fees approx £1000 – £5000 although they could be more if it is a complex matter.
VAT on legal fees 20% of our legal fees.
- Probate court fee of £215
- £5 Swearing of the oath (per executor).
- £84.60 Post in The London Gazette – Protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors.
- £100 approximately for Post in a Local Newspaper – This also helps to protect against unexpected claims.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
As part of our fixed fee we will:
- Provide you with a dedicated and experienced probate solicitor to work on your matter
- Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries
- Accurately identify the type of Probate application you will require
- Obtain the relevant documents required to make the application
- Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC forms
- Draft a legal oath for you to swear
- Make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf
- Obtain the Probate and securely send two copies to you
- Collect and distribute all assets in the estate
On average, estates that fall within this range are dealt with within 5-9 months. Typically, obtaining the grant of probate takes 2-4 weeks. Collecting assets then follows, which can take between 6-9 weeks. Once this has been done, we can distribute the assets, which normally takes 2-9 weeks.